Simply Lose

Simply Lose

Search This Blog

Thursday, November 20, 2014

A Typical Day: THE SIMPLE PLAN

So, you are probably wondering what in the world is this girl eating! Well, as promised here is a typical day for me. I'm a creature of habit and I know my boundaries when it comes to food, so I eat much of the same things. However, you are not limited to what I post, so long as you stay with in your calorie range. My range is 1300 calories a day. So I cut things out of my diet whenever I can!

I wake up at around 7:30 to 8:30 (depends on my kids)

I begin my day with whole grain blueberry waffles 180 calories for 2, a small amount of syrup. REAL blueberries on top and a small amount of Brummel and Brown spread. I am a Diet Coke girl, so I have this as well.

I usually get hungry for a snack around 9:30 AM or 10:00 AM.

I love white saltine crackers and peanut butter. I have 4 cracker sandwiches with a very thin spread of Real peanut butter on them. Remember it's the taste you crave not the amount you get to eat.

I usually eat my lunch around 12:00 PM.

I have a couple different things that I eat at this time. But, here is one for now. I get roasted honey turkey lunch meat put it on 2 pieces of honey wheat bread. I sprinkle a very small amount of 2% chedder cheese and heat it in the microwave for about 25 seconds. I add Baked Lays chips (Read the label it's about 12 chips for 120 calores.)

I have another snack later in the day.

I listen to my body and when I get hungry, I eat. I eat a Nutri Grain bar which is around 120 calories.

Dinner for me is usually early around 5:00.

If you try and wait until hubby gets home, you probably wont be as successful in staying on your simple plan. I feed the kids and cook a variety of meals but here is one for now. I get chicken breast tenders, frozen steamable vegitables, 90 sec. basmati rice, and chow Mein noodles. I can prep this whole meal in about 10 minutes. This is key when you are hungry and time is limited. I put the veggies in the microwave for 4 min 30 sec. I cut 2 to 3 chicken tenders into chunks and season generously with salt and pepper. Eating healthy doesn't mean bland. I have my large skillet preheated to medium high. I spray my pan with PAM no calories in this. I then sear and cook my chicken until it is almost cooked through. I get sauces from the international section (read the label) and add this to coat my chicken. Then I reduce my heat and add my cooked veggies. I let that meld together. I cook my rice and then... EAT!

I allow myself one more snack if I need it! This is key, if you are not hungry don't eat it. This could be 97% fat free popcorn. Great snack if you want a larger serving!

So, there you have it! One of my many days in a nut shell! I'll share more of my snack and meal ideas in the next post!






No comments:

Post a Comment