Simply Lose

Simply Lose

Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Inches Matter

So there may be a few of you still out there who truly want to make a life change! If your like me sometimes we get caught up in the # on the scale. Well, let's not forget about inches. Sometimes when my number read the same on the scale I was still steadily losing inches. Here are my stats: October 13-waist 32 in. hips 37 in.
October 22-waist 30 in. hips 36 in.
November 7-waist 29.5 in hips 33.5

I went from above a size 10 to a size 4. I really haven't been doing my simple plan that long either.

So, I'm sure some of you are a little concerned by how much I cut my calorie intake. But, remember I am trying to lose weight! Not maintain and definitely not gain! I assure you I will never go hungry!! I've always been an eater. So let me give you a little bit of insight of how I shop when I go to the grocery to help prepare me for the week.

I always start in the produce. I do 50% or more of my shopping here. I eat bell peppers, bagged salad, strawberries, blueberries, bananas, green beans, to name a few. I then head to the bread section. I purchase white hot dog buns and honey wheat bread. Check the calories. there isn't much difference in white and wheat. I then head to the meat department. I get chicken breast tenders usually two packs for about 5 days. Then I also pick up ground turkey breast. I grab 97% fat free turkey hot dogs and 2% shredded cheddar. I get regular mozzarella it's a lower fat cheese. I then go to the breakfast isle. I get whole grain cereal bars. I grab baked chips and pita chips. Careful with these. Only eat the serving listed on the label. I eat peanut butter and I also get white crackers. I pick up basmati 90 sec. rice and some of the other types too. While I'm in the international section I pick up peanut sauce and sweet soy sauce and sweet and sour sauce. These are delicious, but use them appropriately! (READ THE LABEL) I then head to the frozen food section. I stock up on frozen steamable vegetables usually 4 to 5 packs for 5 days. I get fat free milk and low-fat frozen yogurt. This is not an exhaustive list but this is the basics I get to make all my meals and snacks!

In the next post I'll show you what a typical day and week of meals looks like for me! Oh, and by the way...I haven't added any exercise or weight training to my simple plan yet. That's in the next phase! You can do this too!



No comments:

Post a Comment